Followers

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

A NO INK CARD.....

Hello everyone: Once again, my teammates and I at SHOPPING OUR STASH, have a new challenge for you to play with this coming week, this time the theme is NO INK, this means, no markers, no ink pads, no re-inkers, etc. you get the picture, right? Pencils, like Prismacolors or any other kind of pencils, are allowed since they don't have any ink on them, so, here is my card that I hope will inspire you to come and join us in our gallery.


I don't usually create cards that do not have some kind of stamped image which I color with markers or watercolors so, this challenge is a bit out of my comfort zone. Then, I saw THIS LOVELY CARD on Pinterest so I decided to CASE it, thank you so much DeAnn Rauzi.
All I used here are dies from the "Pretty Pines" set from Stampin' Up!, (retired), I cut the pine cones with some silver glimmer paper and then, the back of them was die cut in plain white, I added a silver thread bow and unraveled it to give it an airy look.
The "Peace" word was cut with one of the dies on the Penny Black set called Love and Joy with a piece of blue cardstock, the pine branches with the Pretty Pines die set.
I also cut a piece of Vellum and embossed it with the "Pine Bough" embossing folder for a bit of texture, I love how Vellum looks when you dry emboss it. The pattern paper is from my stash.

****************************************************************

Here is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


I cut the word "Love" with the same Penny Black dies in blue and pine branch with the same "Pretty Pines" die set with silver glimmer paper.

I would like to play along with the following challenges.


The Crazy Challenge #271 "Use Glitter"

The Paper Girls Challenge #148 "Embossing"

Dragonfly Dreams "All That Glitters"

Hiding in my Craft Room Challenge #345 "Any Holiday"


I hope my card inspires you to come and play along with us at the SHOPPING OUR STASH gallery, my teammates and I can't wait to see what you create.

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.


13 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Beautifully created card, the vellum is gorgeous dry embossed. Fab. job with the no ink challenge.

lauren bergold said...

ohhhhhh that's lovely, maria! brilliant idea to emboss the vellum, as well!

Chris Dring said...

Brilliant use of dies, paper, and embossing on vellum! Gorgeous card!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my, this is beautiful and quite a challenge! I would have a hard time not adding ink at least for the sentiment, but you aced it, Maria. The dies and embossing and patterned paper make a gorgeous combo. Well done!

Patti Willey said...

Very challenging not to stamp or color an image! you've done well I hope this is a winner because it sure is beautiful! I really love the blue with the silver at Christmas!

Mimi said...

Beautiful! This card totally invokes a feeling of winter peace... sigh... Yay, and you can keep it to give to someone NEXT WINTER! Wahoo, because it's finally spring! Anyway... beautiful, dear. Well done with no ink!!!You can go play with ink, now!!!

Sonny P. said...

Really pretty and what a challenge ! Colors are so serene !

Becca Sadler said...

Beautiful winter theme Christmas card! Thanks for sharing it at the any holiday theme challenge at HIMCR this week! Becca~DT

Donna said...

This is sooooooo gorgeous teammie!
Love the cool winter colours and those pinecones!!

Fabiola said...

elle est charmante cette carte Maria, pinterest est aussi une vrai source d'inspiration pour moi, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

AlisonC said...

This is very sweet with pretty layers and shades of blue. It has a beautiful wintry feel. Thanks for joining in at 52CCT

Brittany M. said...

Brilliant idea to emboss the vellum paper! Such a lovely look! Thanks for joining us Paper Girls in our embossing challenge!

Claire Grantham said...

Love this card Maria, love the blue/silver palette you have chosen. Amazing what we can make without Ink when we think about it!! Cx