Followers

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

CELEBRATE WITH US!!!!!




Hello everyone: Well, time sure flyes when you are having so much fun!!  We at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE are Celebrationg our 1st. Birthday, WOO HOO!!. We can't believe one year ago this fabulous challenge blog started with just a thought, an idea, a wish made by my dear friend and team leader Aileen Ryan from Colour and Sparkle who gathered all of my amazing teammates and me to join her in this adventure.
I must confess I was a bit intimidated maybe? by all of these incredible card makers from around the world, but all of them made me feel so welcomed and  comfortable to be a part of this team that I happily accepted and for that, I'm incredibly grateful.
This challenge is going to be a big celebration, not only because we have the amazingly talented Therese Calvrid, from Lost in Paper as our Guest Designer, but because we also have 2 fabulous former The Flower Challenge Design Team members, Karren JohnsonLisa Tilson and last but definitely not least, we also have a new Guest Designer EunJi Jung with us to help CELEBRATION!!!!!  And that's not all, my friends, we also have some fantastic prices for you, our loyal followers, from some of the best companies out there who so generously offered to contribute some fabulous stuff for you to win.  We are so grateful to all of you for helping us along the way by sharing your beautiful creations with us every month, you have made our gallery look amazing and my teammates and I have had lots of fun admiring your cards so, be sure to hop over THE FLOWER CHALLENGE blog to get all the details about this Anniversary Post, to check out my teammates amazing creations and to upload your cards to the gallery.
Please be sure to READ OUR RULES, they are a bit different just for this challenge.

This is the card I made to celebrate our 1st. Anniversary, I hope it inspires you to get crafty and join my teammates and I in the gallery. 


And this is THE FLOWER CHALLENGE banner, please be sure you add it to your post when you upload your card to our gallery.


The beautiful image I used for my card is from Power Poppy, who is one of our fabulous sponsors.  I asked Marcella Hawley to help us celebrate and she happily accepted and offered a $30.00 gift card. This set is called Daffodils, which are some of my most favorite flowers. After a looooong Winter up here in Crown Point, IN. one of the first signs that Spring is coming are my Daffodils bravely peeking out of the cold soil after their Winter slumber, their pretty, bright flowers give me so much joy.
I stamped this bouquet onto a panel of water color paper and then I colored it with water colors and my Prismacolor pencils for detail and shading.
Then I fussy cut it to prop it on my card front, it was a bit hard but I have a great pair of small scissors and I also put a couple of pieces of Scotch tape behind the smaller parts like the leaves and the pins, that way the paper holds on better and the image is intact. I added a couple of Rhine Stones to the pin heads and a few scattered around.
The pattern paper is from Lili of the Valley.
************************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The sentiment and party horn are from a Power Poppy set called "Marcella's Mixed Tape 2"

For more inspiration, hop over to THE FLOWER CHALLENGE blog to see my teammates gorgeous creations and also, to READ THE RULES for this challenge, then join us in the gallery.
Thank you to our sponsors for their generous contributions for our celebration, you made this challenge even more fun.

I want to thank all of my teammates and especially Vivien Hodge, for being our most awesome boss, LOL!! she kept this blog running smoothly, nudging us once in a while to upload our cards, creating the gorgeous water marks and banners and fixing links and stuff like that for us.

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.


16 comments:

Lisa T said...

Maria!!!!!! What a lovely introduction you made to the challenge - and I am very happy to be joining you on your 1st birthday - where did that year go?! As expected, I am wow'ed by your card, the image is gorgeous (I am a fan of Power Poppy myself) and the colours are so striking - really does remind me of Spring! And so patient to do that fussy cutting - I love the tip of strengthening the paper with the adhesive behind first, I will give that a go. Such an inspiration and many congratulations once again to you and the team on your birthday! Lisa x

Patti Willey said...

Congratulations team! 1st Birthday what an occasion to Celebrate! Beautiful card Maria & generous of Marcy to offer that Gift Certificate!

Mary Fish said...

Stunning color mix . . . fresh, fall, beautiful!

Sonny P. said...

A beauty ! Happy 1st year ! What a wonderful card for your celebration !

Michelle W said...

Beautiful card, I love the bright colours!

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous, fresh feeling card mf. Love the crackled bkg, adds a lot of interes.
xx Karen

Gwendolyn said...

Wow you coloured that bouquet so beautifully Maria, I love the colours you chose! The text inside reminded me of the the song by Kool and the Gang...now I can't get it out of my head! LoL! Thanks for the continued inspiration. Cheers, Gwendolyn

Carol L said...

Congrats on the first anniversary of your flower challenge! The bouquet you colored is beautiful and the pink weathered panel is gorgeous! I love how you split the 2 panels with the flowers on top! Beautiful card!

Brian King said...

You are so good with colors! Love it!

Ruth said...

Wowser, what a beauty! As yet I still don't own any Power Poppy stamps, but you alwasys make me want to when I see what you do with them. Coloured pencils on watercolour is always beautiful. You said it so well my friend, how did it get to a year so quickly??? I've been having a lot of fun on the journey xx

Viv said...

Wow such a fabulous card here Maria, well done again.Thank you for the glowing tribute too my lovely friend, not sure I deserve that lol but so kind as always ;) hugs Viv xx

TaeEun said...

Your daffodils are so bright and cheerful that I could feel the Spring sunshine! So prettily colored!!! And the pink patterned paper is a perfect match!!! Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog Maria :)!

Julye said...

Pretty card and beautifully coloured and what fab prizes to celebrate the first birthday challenge , thank you for sharing your pretty card.

I Card Everyone said...

Hello pretty lady! I had to run by to tell you how much I love the pink distressed wood-grain paper you've added to your gorgeous blooms! It gets pretty blustery up here in the MItten, too, Maria... surely do appreciate the weather we're having now though, right? xx
=]

Darlene DeVries said...

Maria, I absolutely love the way you used the patterned paper in the background!

Karren said...

Beautiful card, Maria! I love that Power Poppy image and you've showcased it perfectly.