Followers

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Patriotic Rose.....

Hello everyone: It's time for a new and fun Retro Rubber challenge #41  and, with Independence Day just around the corner, our colors this time are good old Red, White and Blue, here is my card.


Some time ago, I saw THIS beautiful card on Pinterest and, ever since, I wanted to CASE it and our challenge this week gave me the perfect opportunity to do it. 
This gorgeous Rose is a single, wood mounted stamp from Stampin Up! dating back to 1998, that was gifted to me, along with another stamp of a beautiful Morning Glory, by my dear friend and card swapping buddie Lisa Poe.  She mentioned in her note that a friend of hers was at an auction and bought a box with miscellaneous goodies and, when unpacking this box, she found the two stamps at the bottom. I was more than thrilled when I saw them, this are the kinds of images I absolutely love. Just like the box of un mounted, beautiful Fairy stamps my aunt found at a second hand store, you never know what treasures you'll encounter in the most unexpected places.
I stamped this image onto a panel of Canson water color paper with Versafine Onix Black ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder then, I colored it with SU markers and the aqua painter, I added a bit of shadows with my Prismacolor pencils. I added some confetti stars to finish it.
The sentiment is from a retired SU set called "Perfectly Penned".
Here is a picture of the finished inside.


The images are from a retired Flourishes set called "Patriotism on Parade", I colored them with Prismacolor pencils.
This is the color challenge banner from Retro Rubber, I hope you join us and share your creations in our gallery.  Please remember that the stamps you use must be at least one year old and, if at all possible, we would love to know their age.  You can participate in up to 10 other challenges, including ours.

Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

Stamps I used.







8 comments:

Patti Willey said...

jumping up and down jumping up and down! So happy to see your Patriotic Rose! I've started working on such a project as this! Sadly without my blog I won't be able to participate your challenge. Love this Elegant Rose by Stampin' Up! Love love love your rose and those fabulous Flourishes images inside!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you my friend, I'm so happy this card made you happy too. You can still participate Patti, if you have a Pinterest account, I think you can share it that way. I love this Rose by Stampin Up!, it's just so beautiful.
I hope you give this challenge a try.
Hugs.

Claire Grantham said...

WOW Maria, this is so amazing I don't know where to start!! Your colouring is amazing and I love it and the rose is totally the hero of the card. Cx

Unknown said...

Think of me, Maria, if you ever want to sell that rose stamp! It is wonderful and you have showcased it beautifully! Love all of your details. Knowing that Patti is a friend of yours, please encourage her to play from pinterest or splitcoaststampers!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Claire, this image was just perfect to be colored this way, I've been waiting for the chance to do it and our challenge gave it to me, woo hoo!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Katy, this stamp came out way before I started stamping and getting SU products from Mary Fish otherwise I would have grabbed it!!!
My friend Lisa Poe gave it to me along with another equally gorgeous stamp with a Morning Glory flower.
I will stamp several images for you my dear, some with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and some with Stazon Jet Black ink so you can color them to your heart's content.
I've encouraged Patti to share her creations, which are beautiful, I just hope she changes her mind and participate.

Debbie Mageed said...

Wow! I would never have thought to make a patriotic rose but you showed us how to totally rock it! Love your coloring as always! Beautifully done, Maria!!

Christine Traversa said...

I think this is the most creative coloring I have ever seen! I would never have thought to do this. Thanks for the creative inspiration! Love that stamp! ❤️