Followers

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

It's a Boy!!!!!

Hello dear friends: Today I have a card that will be on it's way to Lakes of the Ozarks, Missouri to the house of one of my dearest Triathlon friends, who's niece just had a healthy and beautiful baby boy. I had another card I was going to post this morning but, when I read his email requesting for a baby card, I put everything aside and got to work. Lucky me, I had the fabulous theme for the Stamp, Ink, Paper "BABY" and the equally fabulous sketch from Try Stamping or Not on Tuesday, here is my card.

This card was made with a combination of stamp sets, all of the images are stamped on Canson water color paper with Stazon Jet Black ink and colored with SU markers and the aqua painter. The bassinet and baby toys are from a retired Flourishes set called "Baby Love", super adorable little images, I added a little blue Rhine Stone to each of the Hexagons like the sketch asks. The sentiment was stamped using one of the images on this other retired Flourishes set called "Hello Baby", the die cut is from Spellbinders set called "Tranquil Moments" A2. 
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The sentiment is from the same Baby Love set, it's words are so true, baby time is so precious and it doesn't last to long, ask me how I know! (Sigh!)
Here are the banners that inspired my card. I turned the sketch horizontally.
SIP Theme 45 800
Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

Here are the stamp sets I used to create this card.



21 comments:

Patti Willey said...

oh my! So many sets looking wonderful side by side on your card! Congratulations to your friend! What a beautiful baby boy card!

Sonny said...

Cute ! An adorable card to go in that little fella`s baby scrapbook . I love your collection of baby stamps . So versatile from a rocking chair to baby clothes hanging on the clothesline !

Krafty Kaylin said...

cute baby card. thanks for joining us at try stampin on tuesday

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thanks Patti, I love when I go and pull out sets that would look great together, even if it's only a bit of flourish, like on the inside of the card.
My friend Jim's niece had her baby yesterday morning, 8lb. 5oz. 22"long.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thanks Sonny, that clothes line image is just to cute for words and I really enjoy having all of this sets to mix to create this card, which I already put in the mail box.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Kaylin, love the sketch.

stampwithsandy said...

What a beautiful baby card! You combined stamp sets perfectly and your coloring is so pretty. Love the inside setniemtn, too. So glad you joined us this week at Stamp Ink Paper, Maria!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Sandy, it was really a stroke of luck to have this theme and the sketch precisely today!

LeAnne said...

Wow, you nailed this sketch....what a beautiful baby card---all your elements are gorgeous! Thanks for playing at TSOT this week!

Gingin said...

Maria your card is absolutely adorable!! I love the layout and your coloring is beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper :)

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

What a super cute baby card, Maria! Love how you turned the sketch on it's side too! Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin' or Not on Tuesday.
Sara H.

Tina's Crop Shop said...

Maria, your card is so adorable! I love the coloring on your images and great color combination! Thanks for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week!

Mary Fish said...

You really should be an illustrator with those "mad" coloring skills!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you LeAnne, this sketch was just perfect for this images!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Gingin, I'm so happy I was able to use the SIP theme for my card.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Sara, I love this sketch and turning it on it's side was perfect for my images.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Tina, I'm glad I was able to use both this great challenges.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mary, coloring is something I truly enjoy.

Crystal Komara said...

Maria, what a great use of our sketch this week and flippig it on it's side works perfectly with this adorable baby themed card! Thanks for joining us this week at Try Stampin' on Tuesday! xo Crystal

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Crystal, this sketch worked perfectly for my card, great inspiration from all of you!!

Lori said...

Lake of the Ozarks - that's getting into my neck of the woods! This baby card is absolutely adorable! Love that you turned the sketch, too! Thanks so much for joining us at Try Stampin'!