Followers

Saturday, December 12, 2015

3 Challenges.....One Card.....

Hello everyone: I have a super fast CAS card to share with you today, I'm linking it to the CAS(E) this Sketch! challenge #152, the Addicted to Stamps and More #174 CAS challenge and the Retro Rubber Holiday Spirit challenge. Here is my card.
This card came together rather quick, I used a Memory Box die called Snowflake Ornament , it's so delicate and beautiful. I die cut it first using silver foil paper and a second time with blue foil paper and then, separated the little pieces and interchanged them like a puzzle to form the ornament.  The die cut "Merry" is part of a die set from Penny Black.  
The little silver bow is punched with a very old punch from Tonic Studios, I went to look for it but couldn't find it, I've had this punch for years, it punches the negative image of a candy cane and the bow is a "scrap" piece but it's really cute so I always save it.
The little blue dots around the ornament are punched with a 1/16" punch and attached with a little bit of glue, I wanted to follow the CAS(E) this Sketch! sketch closely.
Now, as I promised myself, I finished the inside of this card with a very simple greeting and a strip of blue foil paper punched with the retired SU Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, to match the ornament.
Here are the banners that inspired this card.

ADDICTED TO STAMPS AND MORE
CLEAN AND SIMPLE


RRCB 29
Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments so much.
Until next time, hugs from Maria.

24 comments:

Sonny said...

WOW! This is so pretty and you are a master at coming up with creative techniques. How intricate is this ornament in details ?? Beautiful ~~ Gotta be a winner !!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Sonny, I knew I've got your vote, LOL!! This die is really so delicate but the pieces are very manageable. You can cut it in several colors and just piece it together like I did.

Marika said...

Love your take on the sketch, Maria! Really great design! And silver combined to blue... aah! Perfect match! :)

Neva Cole said...

Beautiful! One to pin and CASE! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber for the holiday challenge!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Marika, silver and blue always looks so festive.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Neva, how sweet of you to case and Pin this card.

TaeEun said...

I Love the elegant look of silver and blue! Beautiful CAS card!

Patti Willey said...

Silver and Blue very pretty die here!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you TaeEun.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Patti, the color combo is very festive and the die is lovely.

Mary Fish said...

This card knocks me out. Simple, rich, clean!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mary, I know this is totally your style!!!

Katy McGloin said...

Maria, this is CAS perfection! Love the rich colors... Thanks for including Retro Rubber in your stamping fun this week. Have a wonderful Christmas season!

Darlene DeVries said...

Wow, so elegant. I love it.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, what a gorgeous card! I love that ornament! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous ornament and stunning card, Maria! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Katy, this die looks amazing in any color.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Darlene.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Leigh, the ornament is so beautiful and very detailed.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Barb, it was fun to play along at ATSM!

Claire Grantham said...

How gorgeous is this Maria!! Love it, such beautiful colours and so intricate. Thanks for playing along with the last challenge of 2015 at Retro Rubber. Happy Christmas to you. Claire DT

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Claire, this die is very delicate and looks amazing in any color.
Best wishes to you and your family as well for a very happy Christmas.

Debbie Mageed said...

WOW! I don't have a clue how difficult it was to paper piece this ornament together but it was totally worth it!! I think you should make a ton of these. Incredible! Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber and hope you join us again soon.

donna mikasa said...

Gorgeous take on the sketch! The ornament is so beautiful!