Followers

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Merry Monday #180, Mojo Monday #424.....

Hello everyone: Today I'm once again, combining two wonderful and fun challenges, Merry Monday  with a theme of "Reindeer" and Mojo Monday with another fabulous sketch.  I like to be able to combine challenges and I did have to dig into my stamp sets to look for a Reindeer, only to find this gorgeous one (well, I think he can qualify as one, without the silver and gold bells), what do you think?
Here is my card.
This image is from a retired Flourishes stamp set called "Mountain View", I love the majestic look of this buck, I figured he is just enjoying the beautiful surroundings, getting strong for when Santa comes to call him for duty, I think this is Dasher. 
I stamped Dasher onto a Canson water paper circle die cut and colored him with my aqua painter and this SU markers: Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip for his body and rack, Garden Green, Old Olive and Basic Gray for the landscape. I sponged a bit of Tim Holtz Broken China for the sky and a bit of Baked Brown Sugar around the circle to give it a bit of definition.
The background panel is from the SU Winter Wonderland Designer Vellum Paper Stack , which has the most gorgeous images for the Holidays, this one fits perfectly for my card.  I stamped a panel of light brown card stock with SU Hardwood background stamp with Baked Brown Sugar ink, I cut a couple of pieces for the banners on top.  The sentiment is from my stash of retired Flourishes sentiments.
Here is the banners that inspired this card.
I want to thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping. 
Hugs from Maria.

18 comments:

Bonnie said...

Dasher is so regal, Maria! He looks like he's keeping an eye on things and will be ready for the big flight! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday! (Email me at bonklass(at)gmail(dot)com and I will answer your questions about my reindeer.)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Bonnie, Dasher really looks dashing, no pun intended, LOL!!
Thank you also for sharing how you made your beautiful Reindeer.
Hugs.

Patti Willey said...

Wow! Love this majestic buck and that sentiment! What a handsome card it came together so well with this sketch! I hope you'll win an honorable mention!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Patti, I'm so glad I found this stamp in my stash of Flourishes Christmas sets. It's a small set, the buck is the only image, it measures 3" x 2 1/2", the other 3 are small sentiments.
I really loved this sketch, at first it was a bit overwhelming, you know me and how difficult it is to layer cards.

Sonny said...

Pretty card and the coloring is perfect as per usual. He is a real beauty . I think I saw his relative yesterday as I pulled out of the drive . They are beautiful ,but unpredictable ! He looks like he is waiting on a call from Santa !

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Sonny, he is indeed beautiful and they are totally unpredictable!! Love seeing them, though.

Lisa said...

He is most definitely 'King of the Hill' I like the use of the two background papers. Great card for your challenges.

Mary Fish said...

Now if I could only learn to take a rest between two deep breaths. Wonderful sentiment and beautiful card, Maria!

Notes by Nina said...

Fantastic card, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Elizabeth S. said...

What a beautiful Christmas card and love the coloring!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Lisa, I love it when I can combine challenges and these two are always fabulous.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mary, this sentiment really makes you think about maybe take a moment and breathe.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Nina, I always love playing along at Merry Monday.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Elizabeth, I really loved this sketch and the theme.

Kristie Goulet said...

Awesome card. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Kristie, at first I didn't think I would be able to participate but then, I found this image and I was totally in.
I love playing at Merry Monday.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Great job combining both challenges. Love the antlers for the background layer! Thanks for playing our challenge this week at Merry Monday!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Debbie, it was a fun, fun challenge to play with.