Followers

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Snail Mail is Happy Mail.....

Hello everyone: Like the title says, "Snail Mail is Happy Mail", there is nothing sweeter than opening your mailbox and finding a handmade card from your friends and family, among the dreaded bills and junk mail.
So here is a card I created celebrating our beloved "Snail Mail" and I will link it to a few challenges at the end of this post.


This ohh!! so adorable image is from a Penny Black set called.....Critter Party. I stamped it onto a panel of watercolor paper and then, made a mask of it to sponge the grass and sky. The little envelope is from a small set from Technique Tuesday I got as a gift, I colored these images with watercolors and added some detail and shadows with Prismacolor pencils. The sentiment is from a Power Poppy set called Natural Beauties
************************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The sentiment is from two Power Poppy sets, Everything's Even Rosier and Azaleas

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges.

A Inky Mess Challenge #14 "Anything Goes" Just for fun.
Aurora Wings Challenge #58 "Clean and Simple"
Penny Black and More October Challenge "Close to Nature"

AAA Cards Game #100 "Sketch"

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

  

7 comments:

Sonny P. said...

ADORABLE ! Love the little sentiment on the front ...so sweet !

DonnaMundinger said...

This is just precious, Maria! Really love how you've done the background for this sweet image. It certainly will make someone very happy. Thanks so much for joining our CAS Challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

Jan Clothier said...

Oh Maria, this is one of my favourite ways to stamp - to sponge then stamp on it. The colouring on your adorable image is gorgeous and the image itself made me smile.

Jane said...

What an amazing little scene you managed to create in the horizontal strip from the sketch, love it! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Anonymous said...

this card is so sweet using one of my favourite penny black images! someone will be very happy with this snail mail. thank you so much for playing along with us at the penny black and more challenge.
linda

LucieGCards said...

I LOVE this! It's wonderful how you have created such a detailed little scene to follow the sketch and yet the card is beautifully CAS! Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

Ceal said...

adorable card! thanks for joining us at AAA Cards!