Followers

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Stars and Stripes.....

Hello everyone: My teammates and I have a new challenge for you this week over at SHOPPING OUR STASH, we want you to show us the colors of your flag. Well, I'm originally from Mexico City and I came to this Country as a new bride back in 1973.   I proudly became an American Citizen in 1990 so, I lived here more than in my native Mexico, since I got married when I was 21y/o and I've been married 44 years come this September.
So I made two cards this time, this first one is to Honor and Celebrate my Adoptive Country, in which I've raised my sweet family, made wonderful, endearing friends and done fabulous, amazing, memorable things along the way.  
Here is my first card that I hope will inspire you to join us in the gallery.


This was a super fast card to make, I had everything I needed already, so it was just a matter of die cutting, stamping a little and cut the paper to size. I cut red card stock for the front panel and blue for the inside of my card, I die cut the white panel with an old Flourishes die, the stars are from a set I bought at Hobby Lobby a long time ago, can't remember the name, so sorry.
The stamped words are also from an old Flourishes set that, at the moment, can't recall it's name.
Back  when I started stamping about 10 years ago, having a blog was not in my plans so I never bother to write down or save some information about the stuff I was buying, I totally apologize.
*********************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


This also was stamped using the images from that Flourishes set.
Now, as I mentioned earlier, here is a card made with the colors of my native Country of Mexico.


I die cut the cute dress with the retired Stampin' Up! die set called "All Dressed Up!" (not quite sure about the name😕) The top was die cut using another one of the dies on some glitter paper. The ribbon is from my stash but I added Dazzling Details in Cherry Cobbler to match the top of the dress.
The hat on a rack is from a 2010 Flourishes set called "Friendly Reminders", I colored it with Prismacolor pencils. I die cut the frames both in front and inside with a Postage Stamp die set.
***************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


I used two sets from Flourishes for this panel, the banners are from the set "S'more Fun" and the word "Celebrate" from  a Power Poppy set called "Marcella's Mixtape Vol. 1", I used Garden Green and Real Red Stampin' Up! markers to ink it up. 

I'll enter the first card onto the following challenges.

Simon Says Stamp RED, WHITE and BLUE
Cards in Envy RED, WHITE and BLUE
Time Out Challenges #86 Celebrations with optional twist "One Layer Cards"

So there you have it, hope this cards will inspire you to join us in the SHOPPING OUR STASH gallery, make sure you visit my awesome teammates' blogs to find more inspiration and join us.
Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.








11 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Oh these are a very creative way to honor both of the Countries you love! Fabulous is the Flourishes Banner on the inside of your card a Marcella Hawley illustration for sure! And I love the addition of the hat on the rack with your dress die cuts! Great cards Maria Happy Independance Day!

Barbara Godden said...

I love both your cards great design and so nice to honour you native country too.

Donna said...

WOW I learned so much about you today!!
Love both of your cards, great idea to honour both of your home countries!
Happy 4th of July to you teammie!!

Donna Nuce said...

Thanks for sharing your story! Loved both cards especially the "cut outs" over the US flag. Very cute peek-a-boo technique. Thanks so much for joining us at Cards in Envy!

Maura said...

Maria, that's a great challenge and perfect for right now! Your stars and stripes is cool. I like how you cut out the stars and show the pattern through them! I'm so glad you joined us for our Red, White and Blue challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! hugs, Maura

Nonni said...

Two celebration-cards, wow, you've been busy! :) I love the decorated insides. Thanks for taking tIME OUT and joining our challenge!

Shona Chambers said...

Hello young lady!! So excited to see you at TIME OUT!! These are both fantastic and I learned so much about you. What a wonderful idea to celebrate both your 'home countries'. Your so good decorating the inside of your cards, I never think to do that. Love the flag paper you used, has a fab vintage feel. The that sparkly red dress is stunning. You rocked these cards!!

Mimi said...

Maria, I love your heart! You honored both important countries to you... I love both cards!!! I could not pick a fave!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Always Fun, good luck!!! Amy DT

Chris Dring said...

Wow Maria, I loved learning some more about you! What a fabulous way to honor both countries! Well done!

Sherri Thacker said...

Your cards are awesome!! I love how you decorate the inside too. I need to do that more often.