Followers

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Lighthouse for SOS.....

Hello everyone: Well, Father's Day is almost here and the SHOPPING OUR STASH challenge blog is having a challenge with a "Masculine" theme so, as I often do when I need to make this types of cards, I reached for my very small stash of masculine stamps where I found this handsome "Lighthouse" stamp from Impression Obsession called Ocracoke Island Lighthouse that's perfect for the guys so, here is my card that I hope will inspire you to join my teammates and I in our gallery.


I don't know about you but for me, it's hard to make masculine cards.  When I buy stamp sets, I navigate towards the flowers and cute little critters and it's rare to find out there beautiful images for men so, every time I see something like this image, I buy it immediately.
Masculine cards can't have a lot of embellishments so, all I did is create a "Sailor's Knot" following THIS TUTORIAL, you can use any type of string, I used a piece of Jute twine, I took two pieces instead of one. You just have to practice a bit, it took me a few tries to get it right but I think it adds a really rustic and beautiful touch to this card.
The image was stamped onto a piece of water color paper with Stazon black ink an colored with Prismacolors, I made a mask for the Lighthouse to sponge the sun and the sky.
******************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


Keeping with the Nautical/Masculine theme, I stamped a couple of images from the retired SU set called "The Open Sea", which is another awesome masculine set.
I hope you are inspired to play along with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, please visit my teammates' blogs to see their awesome creations and join in.

I'm linking this card to the following challenges.
Cards in Envy "You're the Man"
Simon Says Stamp "Simon Says Masculine"
Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #190 "For a Special Man/Boy or Father's Day"
Unicorn Challenge Blog Challenge #22 "For the Guys"
Crafting by Design Challenge #162 "Always Anything Goes"

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

9 comments:

Mimi said...

Oh, WOW, Maria! The image is certainly beautiful, and while it fits the bill for masculine, anybody would appreciate this card... that knot is impressive!!!

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful card, fab. colouring and a super sailor's knot.

Borqna said...

Beautiful card!

Jackie T said...

Hi your card is stunning. Thank you for joining us at the Unicorn Challenge Blog for Challenge 22 “For the Guys.” Hugs Jackie (DT)

Sandy Trefger said...

Beautiful! I love your masculine cards and yes, it is so hard to make them! I really love the light house image card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Cards in Envy.

Macarena said...

Really pretty! Lovely holiday scene and I love the twine on the top. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Donna said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh your card makes me long for the coast...to be close to the ocean...two months and counting down!
Fab job teammie!

Pam said...

Very creative card. Love the sailor's knot! Thank you for sharing your design in our "For a Special Man/Boy or Father’s Day" Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers!
:) Pam

wendipooh13 said...

lovely colored image!!! thanks for playing with Card In Envy!!!