Followers

Sunday, June 11, 2017

A Taste of Honey.....

Hello everyone: I have a card to share with you, made with one of the sweetest and sadly retired, Stampin' Up! sets called "Just Buzzing By.....", I mean, this little bees are just adorable.
But this time I only used the Honey Jar, that reminds me a lot of the one Winnie the Poo always treasured and constantly was eating from.
This card will be entered onto a couple of challenges, one of them is the "Less is More", this time the talented gals of the DT want us to make a "ONE LAYER" card.



This image was stamped onto a blank card base, the kind I always use for my cards. I stamped it with Stazon Dove Gray ink and colored it with my Prismacolor pencils and paper stumps dipped in baby oil.  The circles around this jar were made with one circle die, I just draw around the inside and then the outside of it with  my pencils.
Then, using a stencil, I sponged the Honeycomb image with Hello Honey ink and stamped the sentiment from a retired Flourishes stamp set called "Apple of my Eye", by Marcella Hawley, the little bees are from a Power Poppy set called Dynamic Duos.....Foxglove and Ranunculus, both this bees were carefully snipped off the stamp just so I can use them on other cards, I keep them in a little ziplock bag taped to the back of the set.
************************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


I stamped the sentiment and sponged the Honeycomb border with Hello Honey.

I'm linking my card onto this challenges.


Pause, Dream, Enjoy Challenges #176, Optional Theme "One Layer"

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.






11 comments:

Jan said...

What a fab card xx Jan

Sonny P. said...

I can almost taste that honey ! Cute and colorful card ! Love the idea of snipping the bees to be used on other cards . I do surgery on my stamps the same way !! BTW....I love Pooh Bear !!

Trina P. said...

Cute card. Love the honeycomb stencilled background. Thank you for joining us this this week at Less is More.

Kathyk said...

FABeroony make, lovely colouring and a great touch with the honeycomb insert too

Kathyk

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges.
~Owner/DT Janis

Leslie Miller said...

Adorable! So bright and cheerful and very CAS. I love it!

Cara said...

Just beautiful, love the blue and yellow combination x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Your colouring on that honeypot is superb Maria! Yes, all it needs is the word 'hunny' to be an exact replica of the Winnie the Pooh one. Gorgeous stenciling too and that bee is so sweet. A fabulous make. Thank you so much for popping this in at the Less is More challenge.

Mary Fish said...

I love the sweet background and your lovely coloring.

Susan said...

Terrific card...love how that blue pops off the page. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

sanpiseth40 said...

Hello!! I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited.Thank you.
ผลบอล