Followers

Monday, January 23, 2017

Friendship Never Stops Blooming.....

Hello everyone: The title of this post is one of my most favorite sentiments, it's so true and I can attest to that.  Even before I started my little blog 2 years ago, I had already made sweet friendships through this wonderful craft of card making but, when I decided to create this blog, (with a lot, and I mean A LOT, of encouraging from my dear card swapping friends), a whole world of new friendships was born coming from all over this world, reaching out from miles and miles away to my home. I treasure this friendships, I enjoy them, thrive in them, learn from them and will cultivate them with love for many years to come.
I have a card to share with you today that I will link to a few challenges at the end of this post.


Monarch Butterflies are pretty amazing little winged  jewels, their migration South from Eastern North America to the Siarra Madre Mountains of Mexico is nothing short of incredible and sublime. HERE is a link from the USDA Forest Service with information and migration routes and how you can help this gorgeous Butterflies reach their destination.
This beautiful image is from Northwoods and it's called Two Monarchs On Flower. I stamped it onto a die cut panel of Strathmore multi media paper with Versafine black onix ink and clear heat embossed it then, colored it with SU markers and an aqua painter.  Sponged Tumbled Glass and Shabby Shutters distress inks on top and bottom.  The small butterfly perched on the sentiment is also stamped with Versafine ink, heat embossed and then, very carefully fussy cut, the embossing powder gave the legs and antenna a bit of thickness so I could snip them out.
The blue pattern paper was cut with Spellbinders Decorative Lables 8 die set.
The banner for the sentiment is also from Spellbinders, you can find it HERE 


The sentiment is from an old Flourishes set called "Tulip for Friends"
***************************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


Sentiment is from another Flourishes set called "Gerbera Daisies"
I would like to enter this card to the following challenges.

Sweet Stamping Challenge "Use dies/punches"
A Gem of a Challenge #186 "Hearts and or Flowers"
Crafting When We Can Challenge #136 "Spots and or Stripes"

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate this more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.


11 comments:

Aileen said...

Wow what a beautiful creation Maria. Love those butterflies and such a wonderful sentiment. Hugs Aileen

Patti Willey said...

Wow thise Monarchs are gorgeous! And what an amazing journey they do yearly to migrate! It's nice to see them in the Summer!

Chris said...

Beautiful - the colours image, design and sentiment are all lovely! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

Mary Fish said...

Oh those beautiful monarch butterflies!

Marsha Reed said...

Your card is beautiful, Maria! I love those Monarch butterflies.

Claire Broadwater said...

Maria, this is beautiful! That monarch looks real! Love your gorgeous coloring! So happy you joined us at Sketch Saturday! XX

Marina said...

So pretty and so beautifully coloured - what a lovely card. I enjoyed reading about your friendships and about the the Monarchs. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

Renate´s Stempelwelt said...

Hi, wonderful and elegant card :- It looks so toll, what a top card. Thanks for joining us at SKETCH SATURDY. Hugs renate

Gina said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! Love the use of patterned paper for the die cut fancy panel :D Thank you for joining us at CWWC Challenge XXX

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Thank you for entering your beautiful card in the Sweet Stampin' Dies and Punches Challenge!

Shauna said...

What a lovely card! Great use of color on those butterflies and the colorful background! Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna