Followers

Friday, August 19, 2016

It's not Autumn but.....

Hello everyone: Well, like the title says, I know it's not Autumn yet but, I just realized I don't have one single Fall/Autumn or Thanksgiving card made, probably you guys don't have any either so, trying to get a jump on my Fall/Autumn card making, here is this card that I made with the Match the Sketch fabulous sketch.

I love Autumn, to me, it's the most gorgeous Season of the year, the colors are always magnificent, such deep, rich shades of burgundy, gold, orange, rust, green.  I can't wait for this fabulous show Mother Nature gifts us with every year.
This image is a beloved one from a retired Flourishes set called A Season of Thanks, this is one of the images on this set. I stamped it onto Canson water color paper with Stazon Jet Black ink and colored it with SU markers and the aqua painter, the die cut leaves and acorns are fro Our Daily Bread and so is the sentiment, the pattern paper is from Lili of the Valley.
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


This sentiment is also from the ODB set, I love it.
Here is the sketch that inspired my card, I just turned it vertically.

Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.


12 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Autumn colors for sure it's gorgeous Maria! There's a pretty old Victorian on our Main Street that decorates the front steps with tall topiaries like this one every fall they're just beautiful !

Aileen said...

Beautiful colours and wonderful card Maria. BUT stop hopeing for Autumn because straight after is Winter and its so cold here at the moment. I reckon the only season worth celebrating is Spring lol.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Patti, how wonderful that your neighbors decorate like this, up here no one really does it for Autumn, I guess everybody thinks Mother Nature does the decorating for us. I do decorate inside though.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

LOL!! you are right Aileen, Winter follows right after but heck!! the show of colors is so gorgeous, it's like the trees and shrubs are gifting us with one last look at color before the landscape turns barren and icy.

Mary Fish said...

It's almost autumn and your pretty fall card is so inspiring1

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mary, I hope you soon get some pretty Fall colors in Tucson.

SewPaperPaint said...

Personally, I celebrate Autumn everyday! Ha ha ha ha, ok, sorry for that silly humor. Love this beautiful card, the colors are fabulous! Hugs, Autumn Clark

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Ha ha ha ha ha!! I got you Ms. Autumn, your name is as beautiful as the Season.
Glad you liked this card, I was thinking that the Holidays are fast approaching so I better get cracking with my Halloween and Thanksgiving cards.
Thank you for stopping by.

Fanny said...

Welch eine schöne Karte hast du kreiert, gefällt mir, alles sehr stimmig, toll! Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei Match the Sketch, viel Glück bei der Challenge und der Verlosung. Hoffe, wir sehen dich bald wieder bei einer unserer nächsten Challenges…Viele liebe Grüße, Fanny

sabine mayer said...

Vielen Dank für Deine Teilnahme bei Match the Sketch. Eine tolle Karte hast Du eingereicht.
Ganz viel Glück bei der Challenge und liebe Grüße Sabine

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Fanny, I really enjoyed this sketch, I'm looking forward to the next challenge.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you for stopping by Sabine, I'll be looking for your next challenge.