Followers

Sunday, June 19, 2016

WHAT???!! You're How Old???!!.....

Hello everyone and a very happy Father's Day to all the Dads, Grandpas, Brothers, Uncles and Sons in Law, who are surely being showered with the love of their kiddos, young and old today.
My card is for a dear Triathlon friend who's turning 50 y/o next Saturday, we've known each other for about 11 years and, during my first attempts at the sport of Triathlon, she was an important part of this process for me, she loves cats and the color yellow so, this card is for her, Happy Birthday, Janine!!!!!

This card is made with one of the fabulous images from Les Chats Russes from Katzelkraft, love those kitties. I stamped the image onto Canson 140lb. water color paper with Stazon Jet Black ink and colored it with SU markers and the aqua painter. The pattern paper is from my stash.
I needed a sentiment that would reflect the priceless expression of concern of this cat but I didn't have any that would do it for me so, I created my own by die cutting the word bubbles and writing my greetings inside.  My friend has been dreading turning 50 for about a year now, Ha!!!, like that is so bad, sheeesh!! I'm 16 years her senior, now.....that's scary, LOL!! and I don't care. 
"Age is a matter of the mind.....if you don't mind, it don't matter", words to live by.
Anyway, I'm sending this card to her tomorrow and I know I will get a phone call to thank me first and then, to let me have it!!!  Ha, ha, ha!!!
This is a picture of the inside, also funny, just so she knows how much I care, besides, isn't 50 the new 30? because I know 60 is the new 40, and that's THAT!!!!!

I'm entering this card to the Seize the Birthday "Anything goes".

Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.


11 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Ha! Your friend will love your humor if she knows you that well! Great card, full of fun and I love the bubble quotes!

Nancy said...

Your friend will adore this card! Great image and colors! Thanks for playing along with the girls and I over at Seize the Birthday!

Aileen said...

Wonderful card Maria, its so nice when you have friends who can share a bit of humour. Love those cats. Congrats on your winner at JUGS, well deserved.

Lori said...

What a fun--and funny--birthday card! Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Mary Fish said...

Love that sentiment and such a sweet orange kitty (I have a soft spot for orange kitties).

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thanks my friend, this cats are a riot, you can really add any kind of sentiment, according to the theme of your card. Janine will crack up when she sees this one, I wish I could see her expression.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Nancy, I had so much fun creating this card, I can't hardly wait till my friend receives it.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you for the Congrats and your comment Aileen, and you are correct, I just know she will love this card.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Lori, :)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mary, love this kitty too. Orange cats are really awesome.

JoAnn said...

So cute. Love the image and the sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.