Followers

Friday, April 15, 2016

Let's have tea.....



Hello everyone: I'm back with another card for the Power Poppy April Challenge "You Pick 3" and this time, I'm using the sketch from Mojo Monday by Julee Tilman. Here is my card.


The Power Poppy challenge asks to pick 3 markers, at random, or on purpose and use only this 3 colors for our card, I made 3 other cards with this fun challenge, you can check them HEREHERE and HERE if you'd like. For those cards I picked the image first and then the colors but this time around I picked the colors first and, based on what my hands grabbed from the marker box, I picked my image. The color Daffodil Delight was the first marker I grabbed and then, the other two are Tempting Turquoise and Wild Wassabi, but the yellow marker made me think of those adorable little Australian Parakeets that come in all kinds of beautiful colors so, as always when I'm in doubt I Google this birds and found one picture of this sweetie in bright yellow and green, awesome!!
This image is from Power Poppy's Short Stacks and all of the images are absolutely beautiful. Stamped in Canson water color paper with Versafine Onix Black ink and colored with the aqua painters. The pattern paper is from Lili of the Valley and the ribbon from my stash.
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


Both the sentiment and the tea pot and cup are from a retired Flourishes set called "Lets Have Tea".
Here are the banners that inspired my card.


Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

Retired Flourishes "Lets Have Tea".


21 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Super cute parakeet!! I like that sketch too Mojo Monday does a great job with sketches. Nice to see these happy colors!

Sonny said...

Love these bright colors ! What fun to pick three colors of markers for your challenge project .
Your little bird friend is a cutie on those teacups !
Fun card !!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Patti, this little birds are adorable and yes! Mojo Monday has awesome sketches, good for when you need some pretty layout for your cards.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Sonny, this colors are so Springy and I'm having lots of fun with this challenge.

Mary Fish said...

Pretty bird and colors for your Mojo sketch!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mary, we used to have this little birds when the girls were little, they are so docile and so beautiful.

Lori said...

Pretty! Love the mix of colors and how you colored the image. Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Lori, this sketch was really great for my image.

Unknown said...

Adore that bird! :)

Bonnie said...

I love these soft colors and sweet bird, Maria!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Katy, this little birds are truly adorable.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Sarah, I enjoyed this great Mojo Monday Sketch.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Bonnie, it's been fun playing with the Power Poppy challenge and this sketch was just great for it.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Great color combo! I have this stamp but haven't tried this look with it yet. Great job!

Aileen said...

Maria, I so want that stamp set, it is so cute with the budgie. What wonderful colouring you have done, another perfect card for the challenge.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Heidi, this image is simply adorable.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Aileen, you can win that set if you participate in this challenge, if you don't have a Power Poppy stamp, it's ok, this is the best way to win one.
Hope you try this.

Kathy Jones said...

What a great job you did with the 3 Marker Challenge and love the colours you chose!! Thanks so much for playing along with Power Poppy this month!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

I adore this set and it was fun to color it for this fabulous challenge.
Thank you for stopping by, Kathy.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Maria, what an adorable card with this sweet image (one of my favorites), and congratulations for being able to use just three markers! It's perfect, and I love the layout! It simply sweet!! Hugs!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Cheryl, this image is also one of my favorites, I adore that sweet little bird. This challenge has been simply awesome!!!!!