Followers

Monday, March 7, 2016

My little Succulents for Power Poppy.....

Hello everyone: Succulents are some of the most beautiful and adorable little plants around, they look so beautiful and can last for a long time. I, unfortunately, have not had any luck keeping this types of plants, who knows why, I do what it says in the tags they have at the store and I even bought a little book on how to care for them but nothing works so, when I saw this adorable stamp set from Power Poppy called Sassy Succulents I just had to have it. Here is the card I made for the Power Poppy "Peek-A-Boo" sketch challenge.


I picked 3 of the images in this fabulous set, stamped them onto Canson water color paper and colred them with SU markers and the aqua painter, then I die cut them, the rings around the images and the opening on the panel with my Nesting Spellbinders Circle dies. The background is embossed with a Cuttle Bug brick folder. The little garden accessories are from a retired Flourishes set called "From the Garden", I stamped, colored and fussy cut them, the watering can took some doing, I had to aid myself with an exacto knife to go around the handle, sheeesh!! I was going to just stamp them and die cut a circle but the images would have looked to cluttered so I just brace myself and fussy cut them. Oh, I forgot to mention that the rings around the images were embossed with a wood grain folder to give them a garden feel. 
Here is a picture of the finish inside.



The sentiment is from another Flourishes set called "Garden Dreams", I love it, this statement is so true. 
Here is the sketch that inspired this card, I just turned it on the horizontal to be able to use the brick embossing folder.
And these are the stamp sets I used to make my card.


Thank you for stopping by today, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.




10 comments:

Unknown said...

Adorable ! So beautiful ! Love your colouring. Hugs Anita

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Anita, I wish I would be able to keep this lovely little plants.

Sonny said...

Wow ! You actually cut that handle ! Miss Frisky Fingers !! This is quite a bevy of colors ...you did everything so pretty !

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Sonny, the handle of the watering can was actually not hard to do with the exacto knife, my snipping scissors are also very sharp.

Patti Willey said...

Fabulous cutting #skillz here Maria! I'm not that good with an Exacto knife at all! Love these Suckies! And I love that brick EF, don't have one. Wish my Studio was next to YOURS!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh Patti, you know how much I wish we lived closer, even if it's not next door but maybe just a short drive away.
That brick EF is ancient, it's a bit warped but still works great. Love this sweet, petite plants but, I have a brown thumb when it comes to keeping them, LOL!!

Stacy Morgan said...

This has an Arizona feel to it and my MIL would adore it. Great use of the images, your coloring is awesome. Great job. Thanks for playing in our Power and Spark challenge this month.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you for stopping by Stacy, I adore Succulents, I only wish I could keep them for real, this sweet little images is as close as I would ever come.
The sketch is awesome, love the fact that it has little windows.

ChristineCreations said...

What a fun idea for all these little garden and succulent elements Maria! Adorable design. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Power Poppy!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you for stopping by Christine, I love this little plants and the Power Poppy sketch is just perfect to show case them.