Followers

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Baby, Baby!!...

Hello everyone: Well, it's time for a new Retro Rubber  challenge and this one is super fun because it's ANYTHING GOES!! This really allows you to get your Mojo going, your creative juices flowing and let your imagination take over.  I haven't made a Baby card lately but I like to have some at hand for those awesome times when someone announces they are having a little baby, I made it in neutral colors, most times the parents to be don't want to know if there is a girl or a boy on the way.


This images are from a retired Flourishes stamp set called "Hello Baby" and it's cute as can be. I stamped the little onesie and booties onto Canson water color paper with Stazon Jet Black ink and colored them with SU markers and the aqua painter using Pistachio Pudding SU ink, then I fussy cut them and placed them on the panel with foam dimentionals. The pattern paper is from Lili of the Valley and the sweet rocking horse trim is from my stash, I couldn't believe the color was an almost spot on match.  I stamped a piece of Vellum with one of the stamps on this set with gray ink and the sentiment with the same Pistachio Pudding ink.  The bow is from a ball of yarn that it's just so soft and airy, I used a button brad to hold the loops and two smaller ones for the booties. 
Here is a picture of the finished inside.


I just love this sentiment from another Baby set by Flourishes.
Here is the banner that inspired my card.

And the picture of the stamp sets I used to create my card.
This set, "Baby Love" was released in 2009.


This one, called "Hello Baby" was released in 2012.


Thank you for stopping by, I hope you give this challenge a try, we would love to see your creations in the gallery. 
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.




22 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Oh my gosh! Does it get any sweeter? Oh look at your precious embellishments! A ball of yarn now why didn't I ever think of that? It's so soft just like Baby! Too Sweet Maria!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Patti, this images from both of this sets make the most adorable cards, I'm so lucky I bought them. That ball of yarn I found it a while ago, it's fluffy like cotton candy and those pastel colors are so beautiful.

Sonny said...

Oh how cute ! Love the yarn bow and I forget about how soft and pretty Pistachio Pudding color is ...gotta use it more.
Sweet card !

Lisa said...

Adorable ! Love the rocking horses. You always have such interesting embellishments. Would love to peek into your stash. A very precious card.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thanks my friend, Pistachio Pudding is a very sweet color, perfect for Babies!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thanks Lisa, that trim is so cute, I have two more spools, one with pink teddies and one with blue.
You are welcomed any time to take a looksee at my stash.

Mary Fish said...

Sweet coloring on the onesie . . . feels vintage

Debbie Mageed said...

Absolutely ADORABLE, Maria! There is nothing cuter than a baby and this card is perfect to have on hand for such an event! The colors you chose are wonderful and the details just make it so special. Love it!!

Darnell said...

This is a perfect new baby card, Maria, for any gender! I remember that verse from when I had my son a long time ago and I always loved it!! Hugs, Darnell

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mary, this is a very vintage looking set.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Debbie, I enjoy making a baby card, just to have it on hand, you never know, right?

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thanks for stopping by Darnell, this set is beautiful but it's the verse that caught my eye because I also remember it from when my daughters were born.

Unknown said...

I made it! Right on time I made a card for retro rubber . The hardest part was to find out, from when my stamps are ... I love your card , this set is the cutest, but I could not buy it, something else got in my way :). Hugs

Claire Grantham said...

Hey Maria, thanks for your comments on my card - to answer your question, the words behind the shaker, were stuck down. Because I make shaker pouches before I have a card, there are generally only shaker mix in them. Your card is adorable, I love making baby cards. I need a onesie stamp..Cx

Maria Rodriguez. said...

How great you shared your card with us Anita, it's indeed hard to try to find out when the stamps were first released but, if you had them more than a year, it's totally ok.
Thank you for stopping by.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Claire, how clever that you make the shakers before the card, I bet that saves you a lot of time.

Unknown said...

What a sweet baby card, Maria! Love the coloring and extra details. The banner behind the onesie gives just enough color to the background. Love!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Katy, this is a very sweet set, super fun to color.

Jane Knudsen said...

So sweet and adorable! I see people making baby cards and never make them myself. Because I have no one to give them to. Until a friend of mine had two daughters give birth two days apart - one had a boy and one had a girl. So I need to get busy! Beautifully done!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Jane, I always keep a couple of this cards at hand, my daughters are done having babies but still, there are friends and family who might give us the surprise.

Christine Traversa said...

This card looks so very soft and sweet! Adorable! <3

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Christine, so sweet of you to stop by while recovering from your surgery, please rest as much as possible.
I'm so glad you were able to see this card, I appreciate your sweet comment so much.