Followers

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Fantastic Plastic.....

Hello everyone: I have a card to share with you that I made some time ago, I saw one similar but it was for a baby on Pinterest and I thought it was really pretty and easy to make.
I have some old catalogs from Herrschners, which is a company that sells, among other things for crafters, beautiful cross stitch patters, thread, hoops, etc. I love cross stitching, I haven't done much of it lately but lately, I've been getting the itch to start doing this beautiful craft again.
But anyway, the catalog is full of pictures of the cross stitch patterns that are so beautiful I cut them out and save them for.....well, whatever, I just can't throw them out.
So, when I saw the challenge over at Shopping our Stash called "Fantastic Plastic", I knew the time had come to share this card.

The doors are cut with a very old retired SU Bigz die called "Peekaboo Frames" I found THIS  picture on Pinterest. The challenge calls for the use of plastic in our cards so I just cut a couple of squares of window sheets a bit bigger than the opening of the doors, then, with an exacto knife, I cut the center of the doors to attach the plastic. The rest of this cute cabinet is made wiht just brown card stock, for the drawers I used some brads for the knobs and I stamped a little design in the middle, the legs are punched out with the retired SU Extra Large Decorative Label Punch.
I sponged the edges to give the china cabinet a bit of a vintage look. The "dishes" inside are one of this pretty cut outs from the catalogs. Here is a picture of it with it's doors closed.


The 2 "bone china" plates are also cut out from the pages of the magazines, I hope you can see the "glass" on the doors.
Here is a picture of the finished inside, this card takes me back to my maternal grandma's house, she had one of this cabinets in her bedroom, full of mementos and knick knacks, it smelled like lavender.


Here is the banner for this challenge blog's theme this week.
FANTASTIC PLASTIC.

Shopping Our Stash Weekly Challenge Blog

Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

12 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Ok! Can you say.. Creative juices flow here? Wow!! You're totally getting honerable mention for this hutch you've created! Amazing how the scene behind the glass doors fits so well and the dishes on display look like China! Incredible!! And no coloring required!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Patti, I had to post this card for this challenge, the little image inside the hutch fits just right.
No coloring at all, just a few punched pieces.

Sonny said...

Really adorable ! So creative and you must be Super Woman to get this done in between all your other activities and chores !!
Very over the top creative !!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Sonny, I really treasure the time I have to myself in this room, usually is super early but, if I can squeeze a few minutes here and there, I'm grateful.

Unknown said...

Wow, love it. It`s fantastic. I saw the one on pinterest too, and it is on my to do list :). But now I know, it can be used for more than babycards ! Good luck for the challenges, big hugs Anita

Mary Fish said...

What a vintage masterpiece!

Chris Dring said...

OMGee! This card is just too cute! Love that you used cut out pictures for inside the 'glass' drawers and the 'plates'! Thanks for joining in the fun at Shopping Our Stash!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Anita, I hope you share your take on this cute little hutch.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mary, vintage is the perfect word.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Chris, the cut out image inside was just the right size.

Donna said...

Fantastic! Love that you added dishes to your cabinet! Thanks for playing along with the crew at SHOPPING OUR STASH for our "Fantastic Plastic" challenge this week!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Donna, it was fun to construct this little hutch, the challenge at Shopping Our Stash gave me the chance to share it.