Followers

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Audrey's Red Dress.....

Hello everyone: I have a card to share with you that, even if it came out nice in the end, I had the worst time achieving the right shade of RED, I ruined several images until finally achieved one that was ok by me. Let me know what you think, please. I'm submitting this card to Stamplorations February Challenge and The Card Concept challenge #48, I went for the Clean and Simple style and was inspired by the red, heart shaped cookies.  Here is my card.


This image is from Stamping Bella and it's called ""Audrey Loves Makeup" , this image is from the collection "Up Town Girls", I mean, can she be more dashing in that luscious red dress? I love all of this images, although I must confess, they are a bit challenging to color, specially the arms and legs, they are very thin spaces so you must be careful when applying the color.
Now, I always work with the aqua painter and SU markers only this time around, getting a bright, red color was hard to do. I wont bore you with the details of all of my failed attempts at coloring this dress, I'll only tell you that it required several layers of Real Red, with just a very damp aqua painter, allowing the ink to dry completely between applications, the last 3 layers I just help the drying along with the heat gun, being very careful not to warp the paper, water color paper tends to do this with a lot of heat.
Ok, after all the layers were totally dried, I went in with the red Prismacolor pencil, to even out the edges and give the dress a rich, satiny look. The purse and hat were colored with the black Prisma pencil, blending with a paper stump dipped in baby oil, I added very subtle highlights with the white Prisma pencil and a bit of gold gel pen for her necklace, bracelet and the handle and closure of her purse, also a tiny bit to the case of the lipstick.
Here is a close up, hope you can appreciate the adorable lip stick and those teeny, tiny lips, rosy cheeks too.


It was hard to color the black gloves, just look at those fingers!!
But, there she is, ready to have a great Valentine, she will turn heads anywhere she goes.
Here is a picture of the finish inside of this card.


I'm linking this card to the Stamplorations CAS card Challenge 


I was inspired by the red, delicious cookies on this picture.


Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope you give this fun and fabulous challenges a try.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

20 comments:

Sonny said...

Well....I hope you win one of these after all the prepping you did on this gal. She reminds me of Audrey Hepburn of movies in the past . You did a fantastic job of coloring this thin beauty . Love that RED !!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you, my dear friend, this dress was a challenge to get the color even but, it's well worth it!!! She does reminds me of Audrey Hepburn, what a classy, gorgeous lady.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a smashingly fabulous card. Love that vibrant red. Thanks for joining us over at The Card Concept!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Julee, I love this challenge and I had fun creating this card.

Aileen said...

Maria she looks fab, love the red dress and black gloves. Must try that combo its so elegant.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Aileen, this images are truly sweet and fun to color.

sandie said...

Your colouring is amazing and you sure got the right red in the end, she is one classy lady. Thanks for sharing with us us The Card Concpt x

Unknown said...

Awesome ! Audrey Hepburn ! Hugs

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Sandie, I'm very happy with the red color I was able to finally achieve, this image is just so beautiful to work with.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Anita, Ms. Hepburn is one of my favorite actresses.

Linby said...

I love this stamp it's one of my favs. I think you got the red just right on this fab card.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you for stopping by Linby, this image is one of my favorites from Stamping Bella.

Mac Mable said...

Stand out card on the challenge blog...fabulous attention to detail and such a classy card x

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mac Mable, I enjoyed creating this card from start to finish, a bit time consuming but totally worth it.

Patti Willey said...

Oh she's worth all the effort you put into her! I love this image she's so Jackie-o!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thanks Patti, she really looks so elegant and sophisticated.

Toni said...

Girl, this card rocks! I love that sassy image on the front and how you brought that sassiness into the inside as well!
oh, wow, your background is especially stunning. I love the mottled look you've achieved!

Thanks for sharing!
Toni
Stamplorations CAS DT

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Toni, I too love this image, it was fun to color, I just love how her dress just pops!

Linda said...

I love this ..... beautifully CAS and the burst of red really adds the WOW! factor. Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge. Linda xx

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Linda, I enjoyed playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS challenge, this image is just so beautiful and fun to color.