Followers

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

All Ye Faithful.....for Mojo Monday.....

Hello Everyone: The Stamping Up! All Ye Faithful from the Holiday Catalog caught my eye the second I laid eyes on it. The images are sweet, beautifully detailed and just so perfect for the up coming Christmas Season.  The Mojo Monday challenge for this week is Tall and Skinny, the sketch is just so pretty so I made this card with it.
I stamped the image onto Canson water color paper with Stazon Jet Black ink and colored it with the aqua painter and my SU markers in Bashful Blue, Cajun Craze, Chocolate Chip, Night of Navy, So Saffron, Cherry Cobbler and Basic Gray. I added a little bit of gold shimmer to Baby Jesus's Halo, so very sweet.
The DSP is from the retired "Winter Frost" collection, the other piece, the star brads and the gold ribbon are from my never ending stash.  
The sentiment is from an old Flourishes stamp called Lenten Rose, (unfortunately this awesome company closed it's doors over 2 years ago) and it's stamped with Hello Honey ink and punched with the retired Modern Label Punch from SU. 
In this picture you can see my little label better, on the first one, I kind of cut it off.  
I need to learn how to have a water mark on my new camera, sheeesh!!
So, I hope you like this card, I thank you so much for visiting my blog today, here is the banner that inspired this card.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

7 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Great sketch from Mojo what a sweet image perfect for Christmas! Love your colors on the Holy scene!

Sonny said...

Really pretty ! A wonderful symbol of Christmas !

*Vicki* said...

What a stunning design!! Really love your take on the sketch as well as the image and beautiful coloring!! :)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thanks Patti, this is the first time I use this stamp set, I love it, I'll make more cards like this one for sure.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

This is one set that will never go out of style.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Vicki, I really love this images.

Mary Fish said...

so elegant!