Followers

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Oh Rats!!!!! For The Paper Players.....

Hello Everyone: This week's challenge over at The Paper Players is a fun one and my first time taking part on it. Laurie has a Tic Tac Toe theme with lots and lots of choices for us.
I picked the first vertical row: Washi Tape, Birthday and Die Cut, so here is my card and the banner that inspired it.
This cutie patutie image is from Whipper Snapper Designs and it's called, what else, "Birthday Rats". I colored them with SU markers in Basic Gray, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron and Daffodil Delight, for the grass I used Old Olive, for their party hats Tempting Turquoise, Calypso Coral, Garden Green, More Mustard, Not Quite Navy and Rose Red. The little banner with the birthday greeting is stamped with Teeny Tiny Wishes and punched with the Decorative Label punch, first one side then the other to get this cool shape.
The balloon die cut is from My Favorite Things and the pretty flower is from SU Petite Petals stamp set and punched with the coordinated Punch, I added a Candy Dot to the center, the washi tape is from my stash.
So there you have it, my take on this fun challenge, I hope you like my card so please, let me know, will you?
If you have any questions please ask me and I will respond the best way I can.
Till next time, happy stamping.
Maria.

12 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Ha ha! Love the birthday greeting on a sign & the balloon! Pretty clever!

Ashwini Rao said...

Fun card! That birthday greeting sign is really innovative.
(from ExperimentsWithCardMakingetc.wordpress.com)

laurie said...

I never thought rats could look so cute! What a fun card. Thanks for playing along with my tic tac toe challenge this week at The Paper Players!

stampwithsandy said...

I'm with Laurie, I never thought I'd call a rat adorable! Love them in their party hats. Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players, Maria!

Maria Rodriguez said...

Thank you Sandy, how can anyone resist this cutie patoties, the image just makes me smile.
I'm looking forward to the next challenge.

Maria Rodriguez said...

Hi Laurie, this was a fun card to make, this rats are truly so darn cute. I always wanted to play with The Paper Players and now I'm looking forward to the next challenge.

Maria Rodriguez said...

Thank you Ashwini, there are a lot of ways to use the Decorative Label Punch.

Maria Rodriguez said...

Thank you Patti, I really liked the way the punched label looks.

Unknown said...

I love your trio of...RATS??!! How fun to be able to make them so cute!! Great job with the coloring and the die cut balloon and sign...awesome!!! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

Karren said...

This is just adorable! Your image is so cute and so beautifully colored. Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players.

Claire Broadwater said...

Beautiful coloring! So glad you joined us at The Paper Players ! XX

Anonymous said...

Super cute card! Great job with the coloring too!