Followers

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Another First for Freshly Made Sketches.....

Hello and TGIF to you: Ever since I started this blog last December, besides learning a little something every day, I'm having a total blast participating in a bunch of challenges so, here I am again with another first, this time for Freshly Made Sketches. Here is my card.
This image is from an old Flourishes set called "On the Porch", I colored it with my SU write markers and the aqua painter. The little bird is from a retired SU set called "Scene in a Garden" and the background "wall" behind the chair is done with "Gorgeous Grunge".
I used one of the stamps on the retired "Day Dream Medallions" and stamped the image with Strawberry Slush, then died cut it with the matching Framelits.
Here is a close up of the image, I added a Candy Dot to the pillow to give it some dimension, I also stamped the little flowers with one of the stamps from another delightful SU retired set called "Furry Folk".
I hope you like this card, I've been having some Internet issues and it's been frustrating to be able to publish this post, to say the least. I've been trying since yesterday morning. I love my computer, I honestly don't understand at all how it works, all I want is for IT to work for me.
Here is the banner from Freshly Made Sketches that inspired this card.I want to thank you for visiting and for leaving me a comment. I read them all and I appreciate each and every word. Here is the list of materials I used to create this card. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Have a fabulous weekend.

Paper: Canson Water Color 140lb. Matting CS from my stash.
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, SU markers: Old Olive, Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler and Chocolate Chip. Ink Pads in Costal Cabana and Mossy Meadow.
Stamp sets: SU Gorgeous Grunge, Scene in a Garden (retired) Furry Folk (retired[for the flowers in the pillow]) Day Dream Medallions. 
Flourishes In the Porch (retired)

9 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Oh my this retired Flourishes set is a dear! Just look at that comfy wicker chair complete with cushion and reading book! I love it! And of course you've added your magic touch with your delighful coloring! I hope your win the Challenge and sure hope your computer bugs go away soon!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful card, Maria ! You really do magic, when you colour ! Can't wait to see my card this month ;). Big hugs

Jen Mitchell said...

What a wonderful little scene. Your coloring is fabulous and I especially like how you did the wall behind the chair. So clever! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches! I hope you'll be back!

Anonymous said...

Maria. Sorry to hear about your computer issues. This card was worth the wait!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thanks Patti, this set is indeed lovely.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Anita, the June cards are in the production stage, soon yours will arrive at your house.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you for your words Jen, I needed something for behind that chair so the Gorgeous Grunge was the perfect choice.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Kelly, having computer issues is the worst when you are trying to post on your blog. Hopefully this wont happen again.
I'm glad you liked the card, it was a triumph when this post finally went live.

Narelle Farrugia said...

What a lovely feel this card has - your image is lovely! thanks for joining us at FMS this week!